constructed in 1915 for use as a Post Office.
historic two-story Georgian-style building is located only 25
minutes west of Oklahoma City.
In 1965 the Post Office
was converted to a community college. Its large rooms were divided
and the ceilings were lowered to accommodate classrooms. In 1972
it became part of the El Reno School system for use as a classroom.
Festivities was privately purchased in 2001. Renovations
began that year with the restoration of the original hardwood
floors, 10-foot windows, 16-foot ceilings, marble walls and tile
Additions to the original building were completed in 2004.
The outdoor courtyard with three fountains features a 25 x 50
red wood deck for guest seating. For outdoor weddings, a cobblestone
area allows comfortable seating for guests.
both the inside and the outside courtyard area, crowds of up to
400 can be accommodated.
Reno is an active Main Street focusing on the revitalization of
the town’s historic district. Formerly a Certified City, El Reno
has successfully transitioned to a Century Community.
2005, Festivities won two state recognized awards. The first award
was for the best “Adaptive Reuse” and the second was for best
“Interior Design Project”.